Cooks In MAX 40 MINUTES
800 g minced beef
Roughly chopped Fermented Mr Kimchi (1/2 cup)
1/3 Iceberg Lettuce
½ large red onion
4 brioche burger buns
4-8 rashers of smoked streaky bacon
4 thin slices of cheddar cheese
There is no need for Mustard or ketchup in this Burger as Kimchi will give that extra flavour of the burger and will make the burger moist. Instead, Free-Range Mayo can be added extra as this is a great combination with Kimchi, balancing the over-powering flavour and spiciness of Kimchi.
How to make it
1. First, season 800g of mince with salt and pepper. Chop ½ red onion into small pieces and add into mince to bring extra flavour of the burger.
2. Divide the mince into 4 and roll each piece into a ball, then press into flat patties, wider than the size of the buns.
3. Get a non-stick pan on a high heat with olive oil for your patty to be cooked for couple of minutes, then flip to the other side. Reduce the heat to medium so that the outside patty does not get burnt but giving enough time for the inside of the patty to be perfectly cooked.
4. Once the patty is cooked, add slice of cheddar cheese on top of the patty to melt the cheese. With new medium heat pan, cook the rashes of bacon until fully cooked.
5. Get a clean medium heat pan to slightly toast the buttery brioche bun until lightly golden.
6. Now all the ingredients are set, it is ready to make it into a perfect Kimchi Burger!
7. Start from the bottom, place on cheesy beef patty on each brioche bun, bacon, Iceberg and chopped fermented Kimchi. Then add generous heap of free-range mayo to the bun and gently press the burger together.
8. Top and Enjoy!